Monday, December 13, 2010

Your Love

I first heard of Brandon Heath when he racked up the Doves (Gospel Music Awards) with his well-done album "What if We" and his smash hit single (which was on the album) "Give Me Your Eyes." Brandon is on the rise as one of today's most promising newcomers to the table of Contemporary Christian Music, along with the likes of Matthew West, Francesca Battistelli, Sidewalk Prophets, Tenth Avenue North, and Leeland, among others. Of late, Brandon's newest single, "Your Love" (from his new album set to release in February 2011), has been gracing the airwaves of my local christian Radio Station.



With Mom and Dad gone, getting schoolwork done has been a task in and of itself. Even when my Grandpa or my parents help me, Math is not my strong subject. While Mom and Dad try to convince me that 85's and 80's are ok, I can't help feeling disappointed. Than I get all paranoid. What if I can't up my grades? What if I can't get a good score on my Math SAT? Will that affect if I can get into college? Will I be able to make a decent living if I want to be a Special Ed teacher for little kids and do some photography on the side? I know in my heart that God is in control and that He'll take care of me, but I don't always know that in my mind. But I swear, if there was ever a call-in line to God, it was made in Christian Music. At one point in the song, Brandon sings "You know the effort I have given/ you know exactly what it cost." God knows what I'm trying to do, and he knows how much it bugs me whne I don't achieve it. But the fact, is His Love really is all we ever need, no matter what our crisis, our struggle, whatever. All we've ever needed is His Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment