Saturday, January 8, 2011

2 weeks

Hey Everybody. Sorry posting has been molasses slow around here. Adjustment, school, and the inevitable "winter head cold" have kept me on a tight schedule. On top of that, my jet lag comes and goes in waves. One day, I fell awake and alive, to the point where I can stay up until midnight. Other days I wake up, think I can make it through the day and crash in bed at 8. Yeah.

It's been two weeks since Gotcha Day. It really feels crazy. Sometimes it feels like yesterday. Other days it feels like we've had Julia with us all along. Looking at pictures of our family before Julia came home feels really strange, like we weren't complete. Julia is adjusting really great as well. she will eat or drink just about anything, and in between meals she's content to play and take a nap.

Two weeks since Gotcha day also means two weeks since I left the orphanage, maybe for good. It means two weeks since I got to meet Sonya and Bruiser (my other orphanage buddy). I miss them. Even though I'm glad to be in America, in my own house, with my whole family,  my heart breaks for those two little souls. I so want to see them get families. The sad thing is that (through circumstances I won't disclose) Bruiser will never be adoptable. Sonya IS adoptable. She is so worth a family. She NEEDS a family. The countdown to her transfer is getting short. Too short. Like a couple months short. and it would break my family's heart to see her transferred.

James 1:27 says “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction” I can say from having been there and done that, that you do feel centered with God. Eric Ludy said in his YouTube video, "Depraved Indifference," that in Heaven there is a caste system (i.e. a social pyramid so to speak) that goes on the opposite set of standards that this world places value in. The ones who flaunt their talents and use them for fame are the ones that hit rock bottom. But the tiny, the helpless, and the poor, the humble of heart, those are the ones who are the top. I wish more people could see how true that really is. These kids are this world's hidden princes and princesses. And they need a home.

I would encourage you, if you haven't already, to watch "Depraved Indifference." It should be one of the first videos anyone who enters orphan ministry views.

No comments:

Post a Comment