Saturday, November 6, 2010

Love

"It's all about love, love, love, love, love. It's all about love, love, love, love, love, love. Everything Else comes down to this, nothin' any higher on the list then love! Yeah, it's all about love."

Steven Curtis Chapman, "All About Love."

"All you need is love (bum-bum-bum-bum-bum). All you need is love (bum-bum-bum-bum-bum). All you need i love, love, love is all you really need."

The Beatles, "All You Need is Love."

Love. It's what makes the world go 'round. I've thought about it a lot lately. The love of adoption my family and so many others have and are preparing to welcome in. The love of friendship. There are so many types of love, good or bad, that it would take forever to list them all. But I think most of us forget the most important form: His love. His true, undying, never-changing love. I also think we don't realize how much love we're surrounded with on a daily level. I feel like I haven't myself. I'm just starting to see it all.

Throughout this adoption process, my family has been blessed with support from a few very special people. Our church gave us a very generous donation that we were so blessed to receive. We've had friends at church who want to know all of the latest details. We have about 20 followers over on our adoption blog who gave us many congratulations when we recieved our travel date. I have a friend who's been generous in so many ways I've lost count. She's cheered us on through our thicks and thins even as her family goes through their own adoption process. It's reminded me that there are in fact people who care about us and who want to cheer us to the finish line.

This Friday night I got to go to a Youth Group I've missed for months. The Group was born from the ashes of a closed-down school I was supposed to go to. I was devastated when it closed, and I was overjoyed to join the Youth Group. Getting back reminded me how much I missed having a good time with teens brought together by Christ. While none of us are particularly close outside of Youth Group, we're a big team of comrades once we walk through the doors. In sports, everyone's awesome with sportsmanship and its just a fun time. The bible study afterwards always opens up some interesting conversation as well. It's reminded me how much friends can lift you up in life in general.

Last, but DEFINITELY ABSOLUTELY CERTAINLY not least, God's love. How on earth would we have gotten through this game of chance if it weren't for Him? How would we have the love that we do if it weren't for Him? I think the number one goal of every Christian's life should be to keep God's love at the forefront of our minds. I think we're all blessed beyond measure with the Love we have. and how much of a treasure it truly is.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.


It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

Corinthians 13: 1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment