Monday, October 25, 2010

Mistakes

Ah, Mistakes. Don't ya just love 'em? From the time you tripped on your own feet to when you set your grill on fire (or something like that. You catch my drift.), you only feel downright stupid after they've happened.

Lately, this has been a recurring theme in my life.


Mistake #1- On Sunday me and Elizabeth (my sis) saw Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice (which was awesome) at our local theater. When we came back, everyone was in a tizzy. On Saturday, me and Dad had been grabbing some travel gear (luggage and some DVD's for the plane ride) for our upcoming Eastern Europe trip. As it so happens in the recurring Comedy of "Family of 7 splits errands and Kids," this time me and Dad only got the two- foot tornado (Addisu) to keep an eye on. As me and Dad were looking at manly films (Clash o the Titans, Iron Man 2, and How to train Your Dragon. Hey, dudes can like kid movies, can't they?), Addisu spotted his and Gab's (my other sister) new favorite movie, the latest Tinker Bell (the Fairy Rescue? I'm a guy, I'm clueless :D). Dad picked it up and Addisu had already watched it a couple of times at this point. After he watched it one of those times. I had literally walked with him into our Dad's office where he had stuck it in the office closet for no apparent reason. So here I am, helping my frazzled parents locate the brand new DVD my kid brother just lost. And just as Dad calls out where it was, it all comes back. Senile? Most likely.

Mistake #2- If there's one thing my mom and her blogging buddy Mrs. Spitz can do, it's write a good blog post. As I was trying to comment on one of Mrs. Spitz' latest posts, my comment continually got a message stating "your comment will be displayed after approval." Only after typing it about 3 or 4 times did  I realize that meant the AUTHOR and not me.  So needless to say, when Mrs. Spitz sat down to Blogger a short while later, she had triple clones of a comment by yours truly.

Mistake #3- I normally wake up at a good time on weekdays for schoolwork. 7:00 a.m. or a little bit earlier. I ALWAYS remeber to set my alarm. But to just continue my stupid streak, I forgot to and opened my eyes to a clock that read 8:46 a.m. Bravo, Mr. Early Rise.

But in reflection, I realized something: none of these matter. We found the DVD, I got all my schoolwork done today anyway, and I think (read hope) everybody has made some mistake with Blogger. So in the end, I don't think it'll change anything major in the long run :)

Anyway, Other things have been happening!

As I said, Eastern Europe looms in the very near future. We're expecting to get a travel date this week or next! I'm really getting myself mentally braced for this. It's this soon? It's all really going to happen? Well, I'll just go with God's flow and see where He takes me.

In other news, I've been looking at one of these lately:


   Canon Powershot SX20 IS. It's a superzoom ,so even if it's not a formal DSLR, the fact that it's meant to make a good looking picture at 20x zoom and it's 12.1 megapixels gives it an almost better looking picture (in my opinion) than even a Canon Rebel. But since I've just recovered from my point and shoot and dont have anoth $350, my Dad lent me this:


 His old Canon Rebel SLR. I think I've fallen in love :D This thing is an awesome trainer camera. I'm gonna be learning how to take a good shot without even seeing it. Why, you ask? Notice how there's no D on the front of that SLR back up there? This thing takes film, people. You know, like they used back in the stone ages? Just kidding. I have had so much fun that within about two hours I've totalled about 2/3's of my role of film. Pictures will come soon :)

So what exactly am I trying to convey here? Well, laugh and accept your mistakes. You're only human after all. And while you're at it, take some photos with your dad's antique camera. You might learn a thing or two about photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment