Thursday, September 9, 2010

Experiences

Well, it's been a packed first two days of school. My program I'm using is GREAT, but it's definitely a full day's work. I've kind of made it my focus aside from saying my Morning, Evening, and Nightly prayers (I'll explain that another time). But Today, adoption kind of came back to perspective. We had an event kind of shake up a family we've been in contact with and it really made me think about getting Jenny home. I can't wait to get over there. I can't wait to hold her, kiss, hug her, play with her, and get to experience her native culture (however interesting that may end up being). I thought about something else though: what's she gonna think of these strangers coming in, plucking her out of the only environment she's know? When we get to the hotel, is she gonna flip that suddenly these two strangers (maybe three) are the only ones around, and that she's completely a fish out of water? Is she just gonna roll with it? How well will she sleep? I guess we could try lullabies, but I'm not exactly a lullaby virtuoso and I don't think "Blessed be your name" isn't exactly gonna cut it. What started this whole train of thought though, was that I found myself humming "You are my sunshine" quietly while I was working. I kinda fumbled with my poetry skills (that'll be another post) and pulled up this:

While the first verse is obviously the classic, I wrote the following three myself. I tried to upload a video, but It didn't work :(

                                      You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,
                                      You make me happy, when skies are gray
                                      You'll never know, dear, how much I love you,
                                      So please don't take my little sunshine away
                                                          
                                      You are my Moon beam, my shining Moon beam,
                                      You keep me waking, when I should sleep. 
                                      You'll never know, dear, how much I love you,
                                      So Please Don't take my little Moon beam away
                                                             
                                      You are my light ray, my shining light ray.
                                      You light the darkness when I've lost my way
                                      You'll never know, dear, how much I love you,
                                      So please don't take my little light ray away

                                     You are our Jenny, our precious Jenny,
                                     Your little smile, wipes our cares away
                                     You'll never know, dear, how long we've waited
                                    So please come now, to our home, to stay

I hope Jenny will like this. I'm going to think of it as my personal gift to Jenny. I feel like something like this which would sooth her if she was uneasy or put her to sleep would mean more and could be a good ice breaker between the two of us to start off a beautiful friendship.

I've got some big stuff coming up: A weekend at the seminary (again, another post, as are most things on SATT aka Swimming AGAINST the tide), a concert with the Chapman family (as in Steven Curtis Chapman. Look in the music page for him), a Celtic Thunder concert (just google or youtube search them), all on the soon-to-be-happening list, as well as A transcontinental trip God-willing around wintertime to Eastern Europe.

Ah, experiences. They just never stop coming.

1 comment: